Friday, February 5, 2010

So Long, Insecurity!





You need to know that I absolutely adore Beth Moore. I think that she's an amazingly gifted Bible teacher and so anointed to minister to women of all walks of life... and she's coming to Birmingham/Fultondale, Alabama next week to sign her new book!! In preparation for said event, I went to the Family Christian bookstore tonight and purchased books (<-- link to Amazon where you can get So Long, Insecurity for 52% off of retail price!!) for myself and for Em's mother to take with me on Wednesday. There was a little piece of card stock in the middle of each book that told me that Beth wasn't personalizing books or posing for pictures and that only books purchased at Family Christian would be signed. Now those first two bits of info I understand because Fultondale is her third stop of the day and she will be there for only 2 hours. However, are her people really going to tell someone to leave if they purchased their book at LifeWay? I don't think so. That would be sad. I don't think Beth would approve.

In other news, I wish it would either rain or not rain at all. Today we had something akin to someone putting their hose pipe on "mist" and waving it around in the air. Ridiculous, really. Just enough to need to turn on your windshield wipers about every minute... by hand... because there is no "mist" setting for windshield wipers. I was a little irritated. Which is sort of silly I guess. There are far bigger things to worry about than having to constantly move my left hand, but I'm allowed to vent here, right? Ok, I'm finished now.

I sadly don't have anything else of worth to share with you at the moment. I know I said there would be gobs of posts about real issues coming up soon... but I've procrastinated and haven't written them yet. I apologize. I will return on Sunday night and update about my sure to be eventful weekend, and maybe even drop a few "serious posts" on you as well.

Y'all take care and have a blessed weekend! Go buy Beth's new book, So Long, Insecurity!
 
Disclaimer: I'm in no way affiliated with Beth Moore or her people. This "advertisement" is solely due to the fact that I love her work and think that you should too.

No comments: