Saturday, January 9, 2010

Writer's Block

I keep telling myself that I will start to write again when I have something important to say. Have I ever had anything "important" to say? No, not really. So, I've decided that if I'm ever going to start writing creatively again, I must first start to write. That's a "duh" moment I suppose, but I'm the type of person to write only when I have something I feel I need to say or a clever idea that I want to express. Lately, and by lately I mean it's been several years now, I haven't felt creative at all. I want to be creative and I have all kinds of ideas and bits and pieces of stories and what-not floating around in my head, but I just can't seem to put them together on paper or on the computer screen. I find it frustrating, so I don't write anything at all. Of course, that's not productive nor does it leave me wanting to continue to pursue any sort of creative outlet for the junk that's floating around. Anyway... I created this blog for the sole purpose of rediscovering my desire to write and get thoughts onto a page and generally be (I've overused the word "creative", but I apologize) creative again. As you can see, nothing has really come of it. I want that to change. In fact, even though I hate new year resolutions, I have resolved to at least start journaling again. Whether on here, or in one of the 30 unused journals I own, I will write something new at least once a week. So... there you go. As for the first order of business...

Today when I opened the new journal I received from Emily for Christmas, I noticed that there are scriptures on top of every page. I wanted to share the verse that marks the top of the very first page. I'm not sure which translation it is from, I can't find anywhere where it tells what the company used to print them, but I think it's beautiful and speaks volumes about turning over a new leaf and making a fresh start fully trusting Him. 


"Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water."  (Hebrews 10:22)

I want to break this down a little bit. First off... "Let us go right into the presence of God..." God does not withhold Himself from His people. When the veil was torn we were given the most awesome opportunity to commune and fellowship with our Creator. We can enter into His presence and seek His counsel any time, day or night. However, notice the rest of that sentence "...with sincere heart and fully trusting Him." God is no fool. He can't be tricked into thinking we really believe He can turn our situation around when the truth is that we're just calling on Him because it seems to be the only thing left to do. When we humble ourselves and our hearts are sincere before God, we open ourselves up to let Him in and give us direction or heal the hurt. We must fully trust that He is able.

"For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water." I think this is just the most beautiful picture of how our minds are renewed and our souls cleansed by His power in our lives. The blood of Jesus sprinkled on our guilty consciences to make us clean. Our filthy bodies washed in the pure water of His Word. We all have heard Romans 5:8, "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  Yes, He did, and He did so with a love and a compassion that I'm not sure we will ever fully understand. He died so that we might live and be clean and whole.

Everyone is talking about "the new year, the new you" and starting over fresh and being super productive in 2010. Not that there's anything wrong with any of that. More power to anyone who wants a fresh start and some new goals for this year, but let us all begin this year going boldly into the presence of God sincerely and fully trusting that He is able. That He will show us the path that is pleasing to Him and we will walk in His will in 2010.

Be blessed,
Raeann

No comments: